If you manually added Disco script to your e-commerce site and experience issues with the widget display, here are some troubleshooting tips, guidelines on what information the team needs to investigate further, and how to share that information with us.
Confirm your Script
- It is possible that the script installed on your website is Disco script for another platform because of the way the script displays in the platform at the moment. (We're working to make this clearer!)
- Go into Brand Integration Settings and scroll down to "Your Script"
- The script displayed by default here is for ReCharge; if this is the script you added to your site, you'll need to swap it out for the correct script
- Select the correct platform from the bar
- Copy that script and refer to the instructions listed to add the script to your site
- Perform a test checkout to ensure that the script is now working
Below are attachments to include in your ticket that will help us troubleshoot the issue.
Video or images
- Screen recordings of the entire checkout process -- Loom is a great tool for this!
- Screencaps of the issue you're seeing
Capture Console Errors
- On the checkout page, right-click anywhere and select "Inspect" from the menu
- The "console drawer" will appear
- Click on Network, and then Fetch/XHR
- Include this page in your screen recording or screencaps
Generate a HAR File
Follow the steps here or listed below for Chrome users, and add this to your ticket when submitted.
To generate the HAR file for Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and go to the page where the issue is occurring.
- Look for the Vertical ellipsis button and select More Tools > Developer Tools.
- From the panel opened, select the Network tab.
- Look for a round Record button () in the upper left corner of the tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
- Check the box Preserve log.
- Click the Clear button () to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab.
- Reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before, while the network requests are being recorded.
- Once you have reproduced the issue, in Chrome, click Export HAR () to download. Then save the file to your computer: Save as HAR with Content.
- Upload your HAR file to your ticket or attach it to your email so that our Support team can analyze it.
Add Other Details
Include the following information in your submission:
- Error message text
- Name of e-commerce platform
- Steps taken before getting error message, for example:
- Test checkout with regularly-priced items
- Test checkout with a regularly-priced item and one one-click offer
- Test checkout with 100% discount
- Expected outcome vs. what happened
Submit the details via our contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and if applicable, CC your CSM.