The survey question(s) by default will populate right after the customer leaves the checkout page and before they reach the order confirmation page. It will be a full page takeover with your brand color set as the background.
If you are utilizing Disco's Offers tool or another provider in the post-purchase environment, the survey question(s) will appear after the offer is shown.
How to Create a Survey
- Go to the More tools tab in your Disco dashboard, click on Customer Surveys.
- Click Add Question
Select our Default Referral Survey option, or start from scratch with a Custom Survey Question. Our default option asks customers how they heard about your brand with an array of channels given as answer selections.
Customize your survey
- Add/Delete your answer options.
- To prompt a free-text follow up, check off the "Follow Up" box and write a follow-up question.
- Upload custom icons for each survey answer, or select from our available icon pool.
Configure your survey
- Randomize the order of answers at each checkout.
- Segment by showing the survey to customers who meet specific rules, such as Customer Type = New Customer.
If you have multiple survey questions targeted to the same group, you can:
- Randomize the order in which your questions appear.
- Set a specific order in which the questions are asked by dragging and dropping as seen above.
- Customize your survey with your logo and brand color on the Settings page. You can change the background color in your Page Setup options.
- Randomize the order of answer choices shown to your customer at each checkout.
- Ask multiple questions in the same post-purchase flow.
- Show surveys based on a segment (New Customer vs. Returning).
- For example, collect attribution data from a survey shown to new customers and set up a customer experience or marketing-related question to ask your returning customers.
Performance and Reporting
Navigate to your Survey Performance dashboard to view results of each survey question.
- Filter responses by clicking on "Showing data from all customers" and choosing your criteria.
- Our in-platform reporting provides a breakdown of answer count, AOV, Total Order Value, and % of responses.
- To export this data click Download CSV.
- At the moment, we do not offer API access to survey responses or automated reporting.