The DiscoFeed can be transformed into a KnoCommerce “Survey Action,” which allows shoppers to be served the widget after they are asked questions. A copy of the DiscoFeed can live below the fold on your order confirmation page, in addition to firing at the end of the KnoCommerce Survey. Shoppers will be prompted with a question before being shown the DiscoFeed.
Here is what it looks like in practice:
Disco Setup Instructions
Once you're live on Disco, there is only one update you need to make in the Disco platform.
1. Go to Settings > Page Setup.
2. If "Enable Post Purchase Experience" is enabled, disable it. This will ensure that the KnoCommerce survey will display on your mobile experience.
KnoCommerce Setup Instructions
This article assumes you already have a KnoCommerce survey. If you don't and need help making one, check out the KnoCommerce article for Creating your first survey (and make sure it's displaying on your Shopify confirmation screen).
1. Add an Intro Question. Adding an introductory question helps to streamline the customer experience and show the Action to the customers who are most interested in seeing these offers from other brands. Click the plus to add a question.
2. Search for Action Intro. We recommend the Radio when you only have the Disco Action to setup. But if you'd like to add other actions, then we recommend the Checkbox option. Once you've made your choice, add it to the survey!
3. Change the question to specifically target the Disco action: Would you be interested in seeing some products from other brands we love?
4. Click and drag the question to the end of the survey (if it's not already there).
5. Add the Disco Action. Click the plus sign again to add the Action, then select the Action menu at the top of the new modal. Search for Disco, and add the Action to the survey.
6. Set up the logic for the action by clicking the 'advanced settings' option at the bottom of the question. Toggle logic on, Prerequisite Question on, then choose the intro question, toggle on Detailed Choice, and select the Yeah, let's do it! option.
If you'd like to increase the number of loads of DiscoFeed by copying the Disco element instead of moving it, that's totally possible! Just turn on the Copy Element option found in the question advanced settings as shown in following the GIF:
7. Click save to set your changes live and you'll be ready to go!
Full instructions on setup of the integration and other help resources can be found in KnoCommerce's help center.
Disco + KnoCommerce Integration FAQ
If we already have surveys created for new/returning customers, would we need to create a new template for Disco, or could we edit an existing template?
You would just need to add Disco as a ‘Survey Action” on an existing template. You do not need to create a new template for this integration to work.